Alibris, checkout error message costly

Alibris is the first bad online shopping experience I ever had and I will NEVER use them again.During the checkout process I would get a message in red about technical difficulties and then nothing would happen, no confirmation, nothing.

But when I checked my email (which in hind sight I wish would have done sooner), BAM, there are the orders processed. I ended up getting the same 2 books when I just needed 1.

They must not have the necessary computer/network resources for processing efficiently.Their checkout process is convoluted if you want to start over unsure of your shopping status.

123db672 review #295968
0 1 Helpful?
Had the same issue1 Comments2
Had an experience with Alibris?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
jpvrla

Mar 12, 2012

Well things turned out ok, kind of. I was able to intercept one of the orders before any processing. The one I did get had mold on the corner of every page for about 2-3 inches. Because of this I was refunded the full amount (shipping/handling included). I felt Alibris was intent on getting things righted.

0 0 Reply
We're here to help!

Feb 13, 2012

Sorry for the trouble. Will you please contact me directly so I can assist you? Send an email to info@alibris.com with "Attn: Amy" in the subject line so your message will come to me. Thanks!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.